Form 1.944(c) Motion For Order To Show Cause
PLAINTIFF’S MOTION FOR ORDER TO SHOW CAUSE FOR ENTRY OF FINAL JUDGMENT OF FORECLOSURE
1. Plaintiff is a lienholder of real property located at …..(address)….. or is a …..Condominium Association/Cooperative Association/Homeowner’s Association……
2. The plaintiff has filed a verified complaint in conformity with applicable law, which is attached.
3. The plaintiff requests this court issue an order requiring defendant(s) to appear before the court to show cause why a final judgment of foreclosure should not be entered against defendant(s).
4. The date of the hearing may not occur sooner than the later of 20 days after service of the order to show cause or 45 days after service of the initial complaint.
COMMENT: Use the following when service is by publication:
5. When service is obtained by publication, the date for the hearing may not be set sooner than 30 days after the first publication.
6. The accompanying proposed order to show cause affords defendant(s) all the rights and obligations as contemplated by applicable law.
7. Upon the entry of the order to show cause, plaintiff shall serve a copy of the executed order to show cause for entry of final judgment as required by law.
Plaintiff requests the court review this complaint and grant this motion for order to show cause for entry of final judgment of foreclosure, and grant such further relief as may be awarded at law or in equity.
Certificate of Service