Rule 12.540 Relief From Judgment, Decrees, or Orders

(a)     Clerical Mistakes. Clerical mistakes in judgments or other parts of the record and errors arising from oversight or omission may be corrected by the court at any time on its own initiative or on the motion of any party and after such notice, if any, as the court orders. During the pendency of an appeal such mistakes may be so corrected before the record on appeal is docketed in the appellate court, and thereafter while the appeal is pending may be so corrected with leave of the appellate court.

(b)     Mistakes; Inadvertence; Excusable Neglect; Newly Discovered Evidence; Fraud; etc. On motion and on such terms as are just, the court may relieve a party or a party’s legal representative from a final judgment, order, or proceeding for the following reasons:

(1)     mistake, inadvertence, surprise, or excusable neglect;

(2)     newly discovered evidence which by due diligence could not have been discovered in time to move for a new trial or rehearing;

(3)     fraud (whether heretofore denominated intrinsic or extrinsic), misrepresentation, or other misconduct of an adverse party;

(4)     that the judgment is void; or

(5)     that the judgment has been satisfied, released, or discharged, or a prior judgment on which it is based has been reversed or otherwise vacated, or it is no longer equitable that the judgment should have prospective application.

The motion must be filed within a reasonable time, and for reasons (1), (2), and (3) not more than 1 year after the judgment, order, or proceeding was entered or taken; except that there will be no time limit for motions based on fraudulent financial affidavits in marital or paternity cases. The motion and any attachment or exhibit to it must be in compliance with Florida Rule of Judicial Administration 2.425. A motion under this subdivision does not affect the finality of a judgment or suspend its operation. This rule does not limit the power of a court to entertain an independent action or supplemental proceeding to relieve a party from a judgment, order, or proceeding or to set aside a judgment for fraud on the court.